By BETSY McCAUGHEY, New York Post
President Obama’s re-election and Democratic gains in the US Senate end any possibility of repealing the Obama health law. It will roll out as written, imposing major changes soon on you and your family. If you are uninsured because you can’t afford it, help may be on the way. But if you are one of the 250 million Americans with coverage, there are big problems ahead.
- If you get your health insurance through a job, you might lose it as of Jan. 1, 2014.
- When you file your taxes, you will have to show proof that you are enrolled in the one-size-fits-all plan approved by the federal government.
- If you’re a senior or a baby boomer, expect less care than in the past.
- For the first time in history, the federal government will control how doctors treat privately insured patients
- If you sell your house and make a profit, you’ll likely be paying a new 3.8 percent tax on the gain.
Read full story at the New York Post