Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) Waste Programs staff will conduct a Waste Compliance Workshop where attendees will learn about Solid and Hazardous Waste Regulations and ADEQ’s Pollution Prevention Program. ADEQ encourages community members, businesses and government agencies to attend this no-cost workshop.
The seminar will be held in Flagstaff at the Arizona Game and Fish office at 3500 Lake Mary Road. The seminar will be Tuesday, July 19 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Proper handling of Used Oil
- Petroleum Contaminated Soil Disposal
- Biohazardous Medical Waste (including tattoo needles)
- Prescription and Non-prescription drug disposal
- Used and Waste Tires
- Illegal Dumping
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and hazardous waste regulations
- Hazardous waste generator classes (LQG, SQG, CESQG)
- Common hazardous wastes by industry
- What to expect when you’re inspected
- Top 10 most common hazardous waste violations
- New ADEQ hazardous waste inspection checklist.
- myDEQ RCRQA EPA ID Registration
Hazardous Waste Manifest and Reporting:
- Preparing the Perfect Manifest – Instructions on how to submit a hazardous waste manifest, including: Timeliness; Which manifest copy to submit; Common omissions and errors; And readability.
- Submitting a Biennial Hazardous Waste Facility Annual Report – This will take you through the steps of using the free BRSW software from Florida to submit an LQG FAR; How to download and set up the software; The advantages to using the software over hardcopy versions; Tricks to compiling data; And how to zip and submit the report.
- What’s new in Pollution Prevention including a review of the program statutes, thresholds and plan requirements
- Examples on successful goals
- The improved P2 plan forms.
Underground Storage Tanks:
Tired of getting two different stories regarding your USTs? Get the facts in this informative 1 hour session on UST rule updates and requirements for keeping your UST systems in compliance.