Toddler given flu shot left severely brain damaged and unable to walk or talk

November 11, 2013

Lachlan Neylan suffered severe brain damage, including seizures and swelling of the brain, known as encephalopathy, after a General Practioner in Australia accidentally administered an adult version of the CSL Fluvax shot in March last year. The version of the vaccine that he was given is currently banned for children under five in Australia.

Stacey and Adrian Neylan, Lachlan’s parents, said that the child’s temperature soared and he began having fits within seven hours after given Fluvax. Lachlan’s father told The Australian that the boy’s doctors thought that their son would not make it through the weekend after the boy collapsed and started having seizures. He also said that before being given the vaccine, their son had been a toddler who walked and talked, but after receiving the vaccine he regressed to being a three month old who could not sit, walk, or use his arms.

Read more at The Examiner