Recent snow fall levels have allowed for the opportunity to work at least two more days in the area. Fuels specialists are accomplishing the objectives they hoped for with no control concerns. Pile burning will likely continue throughout the winter months as weather permits and conditions remain favorable.
Smoke may be visible during the early part of the day but is expected to be minimal in volume and disperse rapidly. No overnight impacts are expected.
Visitors are always reminded to use caution when traveling in the vicinity of prescribed fires, as firefighters, fire-related traffic and smoke may all be present.
All prescribed fires are subject to approval by the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality. For additional information on the Smoke Management Division and to view prescribed burn authorizations for any given day, visit www.azdeq.gov/programs/air-quality-programs/smoke-management
Notifications of upcoming prescribed fires are provided regularly throughout the year. This information can be found at the following sources:
· Fire Information Recorded Hotline: 928-635-8311
· Twitter: www.twitter.com/KaibabNF (Text ‘follow kaibabnf’ to 40404 to receive text messages.)
· Kaibab Facebook: www.facebook.com/KaibabNF
· Kaibab website “Recent News”: www.fs.usda.gov/kaibab
· Kaibab South Zone Rx Fire: inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5160/